Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hush! Hush! The baby is sleeping ...




I love watching my baby sleep. I have from the moment I brought her home. I also love holding her while she is sleeping. There is just something comforting about holding a sleeping baby, about the way her warm relaxed body fits into my arms. I can hold her for hours while watching TV, reading, or just contemplating life. Sometimes I watch her sleep and wonder what she is dreaming about. She smiles, frowns, furrows her eyebrows and makes little noises or sucking motions with her lips. Well, that last one is not hard to figure out. Anyway, I totally enjoy it. I am paying for it, though. Unless she is completely exhausted/riding in the car, Anastasia won't go down for a nap unless I am cuddling her. It is inconvenient, but so special, in a way. While she is drifting off to sleep, she'll open her eyes a few times, just to check that I am still there, and then let out a little sigh and flutter her eyelashes at me. Mommy is near, and everything is all right in the world. It's amazing that I can give someone such sense of security. So, never mind all the stuff I could/should be getting done while I am holding her instead. "I am rocking my baby, and babies don't keep".

No comments:

Post a Comment