Saturday, October 17, 2009

I have a dream

to teach my parents how to use the Internet. Which would be a big deal because they can barely use the new DVD player we gave them and the cell phone. I had to leave written instructions. It's true. They just have trouble with modern technology, not because they are not smart, they just grew up in a different world and somehow can't wrap their minds around it. But it must be possible, because I have several friends whose parents are my parents' age (late 50s) who are happily using the internet and even Skype! Now, that would be really ambitious. Because then I could say, "Do you like my new haircut?", or "Look what I made for dinner tonight!", or "Sorry my living room is messy". But it must be possible! We even have a little computer that we could give them. Of course, I would have to be there to teach them, but it would be such a great thing. Because I really miss them. And they are missing out on our everyday lives, on Anastasia growing up. Of course, we call and send CDs with pictures and videos, but it is not the same. So, I am going to discuss this idea with Brent, and somehow we will come up with a plan to get my family on the World Wide Web ;O) I think that would make the distance between our continents just a little bit shorter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment